A panty liner is now a popular product and is widely used by the women of today who are conscious and particular about the hygiene and sanity of their intimate area. However, many women are new to panty liners and are unaware of their usage. Generally, they are confused between sanitary pads and panty liners. So let’s discuss the difference between them for clear understanding followed with its right usage.
Difference between pads and panty liners
Today, you can get all types of sanitary products like pads, panty liners, and period panty online in India. However, most people get confused between pads and panty liners. Pads and panty liners are quite similar as both of them have a small adhesive strip on the back that sticks to the inside of underwear/panties. So, what’s the difference between the two? Well, panty liners are much thinner than pads. They are perfect to use for absorbing light fluids such as daily vaginal discharge, small post-period spotting, etc. Panty liners can be used before and after the periods. However, these are not suitable for use during menstruation because they are not meant to absorb heavy flows.
What’s the purpose of using a panty liner?
The key purpose of a panty liner is to absorb:
- Everyday vaginal discharge
- Surprising light period spotting
- Post-intercourse discharge
Panty liners help to provide everyday protection. They help to keep moisture away and minimize the risk of infections. It also keeps the panties dry and clean, thereby offering the best comfort throughout the day.
Benefits of using panty liners
- It makes you feel clean, dry, and fresh all day long.
- Liners help to keep underwear/panties dry. You can avoid ruining their favorite panties from daily vaginal discharges.
- Panty liners can also be used during the last day of your period when your menstruation flow is reduced to minor spotting.
Do you want to use panty liners but are doubtful, or unclear about the dos and don’ts of panty liners? Worry Not. You will get to know about panty liners in detail along with a list of dos and don’ts of using panty liners.
Important dos and don’ts of using panty liners
Now as you know the benefits of wearing a panty liner, you must try using it. Make sure to choose the right liner as it is an essential part of a woman’s intimate hygiene. Choose a product that is breathable and soft on the skin. It should be light, comfortable to wear, easy to use, and most importantly get the job done effectively. It is also important to know the correct way of using liners correctly. Take a look at some of the important do and don’ts related to panty liners.
- Wash your hands properly before wearing a panty liner. This will help to prevent the chances of transferring any harmful bacteria. Also, wash your hands properly after wearing the liner.
- Generally, you should not wear panty liners for more than 6-8 hours. It is recommended by health experts that one must change their liners as often as possible to reduce the possibility of a yeast infection.
- If you are working out or doing daily exercise, chances are you may have some vaginal discharge because of it. Do wear a panty liner during that time as it will help in soaking the unexpected leaks or discharge.
- If you are facing the problem of ‘camel toe’, do use a panty liner to fix this issue. Instead of placing the liner vertically, place it horizontally in your underwear. Wrap and secure it properly around the seat of your panty and you are good to go.
- Try to use panty liners made if you have a sensitive skin issue. Panty liners are very soft and gentle enough for daily usage. Besides, liners don’t irritate the vagina, thereby ensuring complete comfort and dryness.
- When it comes to disposing of a panty liner, make certain to wrap it up properly before throwing it in the dustbin.
- Don’t wear a panty liner while sleeping as your skin needs to breathe properly during nighttime. In case you want to wear a panty liner at night, make sure to put on a new one.
- Don’t wear a panty liner while you’re menstruating. Panty liners are not meant for absorbing heavy discharge such as the heavy flow of period blood.
- Don’t consider panty liners as a replacement for your sanitary pads, they cannot hold heavy period flow and may lead to leakage.
It would be correct to say that panty liners are an important part of women’s hygiene routine. They help to keep women comfortable, worry-free, and confident all day long. Just like sanitary pads, disposable period panty, and other sanitary products, make sure to choose the best quality products that are made keeping in mind the hygiene and safety of women.