There are many options for adding kettlebells and sandbags into the workout routine. This first approach is to rotate days of the heavy lifting of one instrument for strengthening the other. This helps them control exhaustion as well as the focus of a few targeted lifts. Since sandbag and kettlebell workouts can be both physically and physiologically tiring, we want to stop overload and work towards increased growth.
DAY 1: FOCUS ON SANDBAGS
- Sandbag Shouldering Squat 4 sets of 4 per side and then rest for 75 seconds.
- Kettlebell Jerk 5 sets of 5 and rests for 30 seconds in between
- Kettlebell Single Leg Deadlift 3 sets of 6 each side and rest for 60 seconds.
- Sandbag Zercher Carry 2 sets of 1 minute and rest for 90 seconds
DAY 2: FOCUS ON KETTLEBELL
- Kettlebell Snatch 5 sets of 5 and rest for 90 seconds
- Sandbag Zercher Lunge 4 sets of 6 each and rest of 60 seconds in between each set
- Kettlebell Renegade Row 4 sets of 6 each side and rest of 60 seconds in between
- Sandbag Shoulder Get-up 2 sets of 5 and rests for 45 seconds
DAY 3: REST DAY
DAY 4: FOCUS ON SANDBAG
- Sandbag Clean and Jerk 5 sets of 3 and rest of 75 seconds
- Kettlebell Front Squats 3 sets of 8 and rests of 60 seconds in between
- Pull-ups 3 sets of 6 and rests of 60 seconds
- Sandbag Zercher Side Lunges 3 sets of 8 per side and rests for 60 seconds in between
- Kettlebell Clean Carries 2 sets of 30 seconds and then rest for 90 seconds
DAY 5: FOCUS ON KETTLEBELL
- Kettlebell Squat Press 4 sets of 8 and rests of 60 seconds
- Sandbag Shoulder 3 sets of 10 per side and rests of 60 seconds in between.
- Kettlebell Rows 3 sets 12 rests on each side and the rest for 45 seconds.
- Sandbag Half Moon Snatch 3 sets of 5 and then rest for 45 seconds.
Kettlebell Sit-up and Get-ups 3 sets of 3 and rests 60 seconds.